Making exceptional beer common
and common beer exceptional.
Consultant à la Bière
Cuisine à la bière celebrates the right beers for every food and the right foods for every beer. Modeling my unique consultancy on finding the uniqueness of every beer, every company, and every opportunity, I call my position Consultant à la Bière. I partner with individuals, companies, and events to explore how the right beer and right approach can complement business, lifestyle, and community. I approach beer from all angles — brewing, serving, educating, studying, and selling — to bring nuance and insight to my services, classes, and events.
Cuisine à la Bière
Cuisine à la bière describes the seamless marriage of beer and food. The French-speaking Belgians use it as a commitment that beer deserves a place in the kitchen and at the table. Dining in Belgium, or any other region steeped in beer history, guarantees delicious beer and food pairings that are guided first by the soil and the season, then spill into the kitchen and the menu, before partnering on an afternoon nibble or fulfilling a great meal.
Head to my Events Page for More Info!
- LEEDS, UK, MAY 9, 2019
Indian Food, Beer & Wine @ Bundobust
- MANCHESTER, UK, MAY 11, 2019
Beer & Cheese Pairing Class
- ANTWERP, MAY 19-20, 2019 & BRUSSELS, MAY 21-22, 2019
Rich Higgins Beer Immersions
- NEW YORK, NY, JUNE 26, 2019
Deductive Beer Tasting Method
Read More Testimonials
- “a highly articulate practitioner of the brewer’s craft”
— Edible San Francisco Magazine
- “Rich is a world-class teacher and his course is a great asset to anyone preparing for the Certified Cicerone exam. Passing the test would not have been possible without his guidance.”
— Nick Reiser, Certified Cicerone, Redding, CA