Amidst pandemic and pivots, I’m sad to say that
I’ve paused my Beer Immersions and am currently focused on other projects.
Stay safe and healthy and keep supporting local breweries, bars and bottle shops wherever you go!
if you would like to inquire about Beer Immersion
options in the future. Thanks for your interest!
WHAT’S A BEER IMMERSION?
Rich Higgins Beer Immersions are fun, educational beer trips. They’re equal parts European beer tours, short trips in and around regional beer cultures, and deep dives into important beer styles. As an American brewmaster and Master Cicerone, Rich has been making pilgrimages to Europe for beer travel and study for more than a decade, and you’ll feel like a local after he takes you to all his favorite restaurants, pubs, and breweries. With expertise and education, it’s more than a “beercation,” it’s a Beer Immersion!
Discount available to Cicerones® and Certified Beer Servers, too!
Info at bottom of this page.
Upcoming Beer Immersions 2020
Click on the Beer Immersion for more information about it.
BRUSSELS IMMERSION (includes Pajottenland)
- Likely meals, beers, visits, and tours: De La Senne, 3 Fonteinen Brewery & Restaurant, Cantillon, Oud Beersel, La Brocante, Restobières, La Tana, A La Mort Subite, and more
- Sights: Musée de la Gueuze, Grand-Place, Senne River, Kasteel Beersel, Halles St.-Géry, Cathedrals
- Likely meals, beers, visits, and tours: Cafe Trappisten & Westmalle Abbey (no brewery access), Brouwerij Het Anker (Gouden Carolus beers), Hof Ten Dormaal, Billie’s Bier Kafetaria, Gollem, Beerlovers Bar, inVINcible, The Chocolate Line, and more
- Sights: Grote Markt, Westmalle Abbey, Schelde River, Cathedrals
- Likely meals, beers, visits, and tours: Oktoberfest (in September), Starkbierfest (in April), Klosterbrauerei Andechs, Löwenbräukeller, Weihenstephan, Giesinger Bräu, Zum Augustiner Großgaststätten, Hirschgarten, Viktualienmarkt, and more
- Sights: Beer Festivals, Biergartens, Marienplatz, Andechs Monastery, Cathedrals, Isar River
- Likely meals, beers, visits, and tours: Heller-Trum (“Schlenkerla”), Spezial, Fässla, Mahr’s Bräu, Klosterbräu, St. Georgenbräu, Löwenbräu Buttenheim, Neder, Hebendanz, Weyermann Malting, and more
- Sights: UNESCO World Heritage Old Town, Altes Rathaus, Michaelsberg Abbey, Cathedrals, Regnitz River
COLOGNE IMMERSION (includes Düsseldorf)
- Likely meals, beers, visits, and tours: Cologne – Braustelle, Früh, Gaffel, Mühlen, Päffgen, Sünner, and more; Düsseldorf – Uerige, Füchschen, Schumacher, Schüssel, and more
- Sights: Kölner Dom/Cologne Cathedral, Rhine River, Köln Innenstadt, Düsseldorf Altstadt
- Likely meals, beers, visits, and tours: Weisses Bräuhaus Schneider (“Schneider Weisse”), Klosterbrauerei Weltenburg, Brauerei Michael Plank, Kneitinger, Spitalgarten, Historiche Wurstküche, and more
- Sights: UNESCO World Heritage Old Town, Weltenburg Abbey, Ferry down the Danube River, Cathedrals
10% discount for Cicerones® and Certified Beer Servers!
Hold a Cicerone® Certified Beer Server distinction or higher?
You’ll get 10% off your Immersion price!
Beer Immersions are the best way to study and learn about beer! Plus, participants receive a free Cicerone® Beer Journey tasting notebook and guide.
(Beer Immersions are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Cicerone® Certification Program.)